Welcome to the Center for Research on Health Care
The Center for Research on Health Care (CRHC) provides a forum for talented multidisciplinary investigators from throughout the university community to collaborate in high-quality health services research and train future investigators in methods and practices critical to the conduct of rigorous and exemplary research.
- Wishwa Kapoor, MD, MPH, Chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine and Director of both the Institute for Clinical Research Education and the Center for Research on Health Care, gave an insightful interview to science writer and Pitt Med contributor, Alla Katsnelson. Dr. Kapoor remarked on physician-scientists and suggested ways institutions and, specifically, mentors can help bolster and sustain the careers of this “endangered species.” Click here to read the full article on Pitt Med.
- Dr. Wishwa Kapoor gives engaging talk on shortage of physician-scientists, click here to read more.
- The Health Services Research Seminar Series (previously held on Fridays at 11:00 am) is now held on Thursdays at noon. The location is 305 Parkvale Building. We look forward to seeing everyone there as we go through this academic year with a variety of interesting speakers. Please click here for more information.
- For Dr. Wishwa Kapoor's 2015 State of the Division Address, click here.
- The 2015 Sonis Lecture was held on September 29, 2015.
Presented by: Diane E. Meier, MD, FACP
Director, Center to Advance Palliative Care
Co-Director, Patty and Jay Baker Palliative Care National Center Catherine Gaisman Professor of Medical Ethics
Vice-Chair for Public Policy and Professor
Department of Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai New York, NY
Title: "Palliative Care Futurist: Matching Care to Our Patient's Needs" Please click here to view the presentation.