The Biostatistics Core includes experienced faculty with accomplished research funding and publication records, including positions as the Principal Investigator on data coordinating centers and other large collaborative projects. The PhD faculty provide statistical and design expertise, including design of trials, cluster-randomized studies, surveys, and epidemiologic studies; development and calculation of sample size and power estimates; and development and execution of statistical analysis plans. Our statisticians contribute significantly to developing and conducting analyses as well as interpreting and writing for publications and grant applications.
The Core also includes MS and BS-level statisticians who conduct a wide range of analyses, including analysis of large data sets, modeling of multilevel and correlated data, and other regression analyses.
Need help with statistical collaborations on your grant application?
- Collaboratively discuss/revise research objectives
- Develop overall statistical strategies
- Design clinical trials and other experimental studies
- Develop sampling approaches for survey/observational studies
- Calculate sample sizes through refining measures of clinical/scientific effects
- Determine/implement randomization and treatment assignment strategies
- Provide guidance on general analytical strategies and interpretation of results
- Develop/implement modeling for multivariable problems and prediction
- Analysis of risk factor significance and treatment effectiveness
- Develop/ implement analyses for longitudinal and correlated data structures